Friday, November 19, 2010

How Will You Sow Your Seed for the Harvest?

John 12:24 "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." Jesus


From Show Yourself to My Soul
by Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) trans James Talarovic

When death comes to your door
at the end of day,
what treasures will you turn over to him?

I'll bring
my full soul before him.

I'll not send him away empty handed
the day he comes to my door.

Into my life- vessel
pours the nectar
of countless evening and dawns,
of numberless autumn and spring
nights.

My heart gets filled
with the sight of endless fruits and flowers,
with the touch
of joy and sorrow's light and shade.

All the treasures I've gathered
during my lifelong preparation
I'm now arranging for the last day
to give it all to death -
the day he comes to my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment