Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday

Moraldi
PASSION                                                                               

Beloved, you have kissed
My eyes awake
I am consumed
In a blaze of your being
My embers fly
Freely
At a cost I did not,
cannot,
fathom.

Take me.
I yield willingly, joyfully, urgently
Fuse my essence into yours
Make us something not of this world.
Such a radiance you draw from me
desire as I have never known.
A passion visceral and potent.
Constant as the sun
Fervent to be light.

Stop! I am assaulted by senses of
such woeful orthodoxy
Beat me bloody numb with pain.
Forces of longing and judgment
Ebb and flow as
Fists of turbulence
Sculpt a deep, deep well within
The battleground of mind and flesh
In murky waters of my soul
Devastation like nuclear holocaust
Strips my peace
And feigns to turn my heart against me
All in the name of love.

Who would set a blaze so mighty
That ravages the soul in eternal battle?
Love’s enduring light is wrapped in violent opposition
Powers that resist a blessed consummation
Lest it loose a light so
Great that love is all
All is love.

Neediness be gone!
My heart cannot sustain the fight.
Open my wounds and lay them bare before the fray.
Flush them with sunlight in streams flowing with surrender
Post my longing to a pole
Stretch it wide, wide with time
and pierce me through and through
with swords of eternal light that
Rend my flesh to ash and earth
Restore my truth
My rest
My life.

I cannot live without love.
Death is more than dying flesh
Conforming suffocates life slowly.

© Peggy Beatty, September 11, 2010
                                             ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Psalm 22. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
    Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,
    and by night, but I find no rest.

Yet you are holy,
    enthroned on the praises of Israel.
In you our fathers trusted;
    they trusted, and you delivered them.
To you they cried and were rescued;
    in you they trusted and were not put to shame.


Alain Villeneuve

No comments:

Post a Comment